BJUI will seek to ensure that any identifiable personal information it collects during the registration and purchasing processes will be adequate, relevant and not excessive for purposes of operating its websites or any of its services and it will be kept accurate and up-to-date based on the information provided.
How We Collect Information
BJUI collects information from you directly via www.bjuinternational.com from your input.
Information You Provide
The types of personal information that BJUI collects directly from you may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- IP addresses;
- Educational and professional interests and background information;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit to a BJUI service; and
- Communication preferences.
In order to access certain content and to make use of additional functionality and features of BJUI’s website (www.bjuinternational.com) and services, we may ask you to register for an account by completing and submitting a registration form, which may request additional information.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
BJUI may hold information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Use of Your Information
BJUI may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information about products and services that you request from us;
- To send you periodic catalogues from BJUI, if you have consented to receive them;
- To provide you with information about other products, events and services we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or inquired about or other communications containing information about new products and services or upcoming events of ours, our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties such as sponsors, if you have consented to receive this information;
- For internal business and research purposes and to help enhance, evaluate and develop our websites, products and services and to develop new products and services;
- To notify you about changes or updates to our websites;
- To notify you about changes or updates to our products and services if you have consented to receive this information;
- To respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- To administer our services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- For any other purpose that we may notify you of from time to time, providing that we have sought your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
BJUI will not disclose your personal information to any third party except as follows:
- Where necessary in connection with services provided by intermediaries, who are required to comply with this policy. These service providers provide us with a wide range of office, administrative, information technology, production and business management services;
- If you voluntarily provide information in response to an advertisement, with the third party serving the advertisement;
- In certain situations, BJUI may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, in order to comply with a court order or other legal process, to enforce our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property or safety of our services, users or others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; In the event that all or substantially all of the business or assets of BJUI relating to this service are sold or otherwise assigned to another entity, personally identifiable information may be transferred to such entity; and
- Where necessary in connection with providing services on behalf of third parties, providing we have your consent.
BJUI may disclose to carefully chosen third parties navigational and transactional information in the form of anonymous, aggregate usage statistics (including “page views” on this website and the products therein) and demographics but only in forms that do not reveal your identity or personal information.
BJUI will not transfer your personal information, collected directly from www.bjuinternational.com, outside of the United Kingdom.
Disclosure in Chat Rooms or Forums
You should be aware that identifiable personal information–such as your name or e-mail address–that you voluntarily disclose and that is accessible to other users (e.g. on bulletin boards or in chat areas) could be collected and disclosed by others. BJUI cannot take any responsibility for such collection and disclosure.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) and shall seek your consent to use your data for such marketing purposes or to disclose your information to any third party for such marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the consent forms we use when collecting your personal data. If at any point you wish to access your personal information to (1) change your preferences, (2) review the accuracy, or (3) correct, supplement, modify or delete your information, please Contact Us in writing. Note that you may still receive transactional communications from BJUI.
Any comments, complaints or questions concerning this policy or complaints about our use of your personal information should be addressed by entering your comments through our general BJUI Contact Us page.