Primary authors who have a paper accepted for publication in the BJU International Journal are eligible for one of the following three BJUI Journal Prizes, which are awarded annually, based on their geographical location when they conducted the research.
|The BJUI Global Prize||For authors who contributed significantly to the work and were based anywhere in the world other than the Americas and Europe. Presented at the USANZ annual meeting|
|The BJUI Americas Prize||For authors who contributed significantly to the work and were trainees based in The Americas. Presented at the AUA annual conference|
|The BJUI Blandy Prize||For authors who contributed significantly to the work and were based in Europe. Presented at the BAUS annual conference; the winner gives a presentation|
Attendance at the relevant conference to receive the prize is required.
For each prize a budget of up to £3,000 will be provided to cover economy travel, hotel accommodation and registration for the winner to attend the conference where they will receive their prize. Any remaining funds will be awarded to the individual towards further educational activity.
Process for selection of winners
- The selection panel for each of the prizes includes a minimum of three members including the Editor (always) and usually two Associate Editors. For The BJUI Blandy Prize, one member of the selection panel is nominated by BAUS.
- Selection of the winners will be based on a combination of:
- citation rates (based on papers from mid the last but one calendar year to mid the previous calendar year)
- the Panel’s view on the originality of the research
- the Panel’s view on the potential impact of the research on clinical practice.
A prize will not be awarded if, in the opinion of the Panel, there are no papers which meet the required criteria. The decision of the Panel is final.