This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the sole and exclusive terms on which you may make use of our website at www.bjuinternational.com and those of the website pages at www.bjuiknowledge.bjuinternational.com and at https://bjuiknowledge-portal.bjuinternational.com that support BJUI Knowledge and the BJU International Journal (together the “Websites”).
Information about us
The Websites are owned by and/or operated on behalf of BJU International (“BJUI”) which is a private company limited by guarantee incorporated under English law (company number 01793312) the address of whose registered office is 3 Junction Mews, London W2 1PN, London, United Kingdom and a charity registered with the UK Charity Commission under registered number 289273. References in these Terms to “we”, “us” and “our” are references to BJUI, and references in these Terms to “you”, “your” and “user” are to any individual or business that accesses the Websites for any reason (together “use”).
Accessing the Websites
Access to the Websites is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right without notice to withdraw or amend the service that we provide on them, suspend access to them, or close them indefinitely. We will not be liable if for any reason they are unavailable at any time or for any period.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, you must not disclose it to any third party, and you must notify us as soon as you become aware of any unauthorised use of it. We have the right to disable any user identification, code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the Terms.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Websites. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access them through your internet connection are aware of the Terms, and that they comply with them.
You may use the Websites only for lawful purposes. You may not use them:-
- in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- to store, distribute or transmit any material that: infringes or violates any applicable laws, regulations or third party rights (including material that is obscene, indecent, pornographic, seditious, offensive, defamatory, threatening, liable to incite racial hatred, menacing, blasphemous or in breach of any third party’s intellectual property (“IP”) rights); depicts sexually explicit images; or promotes unlawful violence, or discrimination based on race, gender, colour, religious belief, sexual orientation, or disability;
- (save with our prior express written permission or for specifically continuing professional development (“CPD”) purposes) for any systematic or automated data collection activity for any commercial or trading purpose, or for any use other than private use;
- (save as aforesaid) to upload any material to them;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any form of similar solicitation (spam);
- via any bot or automated computer system; and/or
- in contravention of any Term.
You will at all times indemnify us against all and any losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees) incurred by us and/or our employees or agents arising directly or indirectly from any actual or alleged breach by you of any Term.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all IP rights in the Websites, in their design, text, graphics and software, and in the material published on them. These works are protected by IP laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are expressly reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Websites for your personal and private reference, and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on them. In so doing, our status (and that our any identified contributors) as the authors on the material on them must always be expressly acknowledged by you.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any such materials that you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
If you print off, copy or download any part of the Websites in breach of the Terms, your right to use the Websites will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
The BJUI acronym and logo and each element of them, and the expressions “BJU International” and “BJUI Knowledge” are trade marks owned and used by us.
The Websites are provided strictly on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. To the extent permitted by law, we (on our own behalf and on behalf of our officers, employees and agents) hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity, whether relating to accuracy, accessibility, quality, fitness for purpose, non-infringement, security, freedom from errors or viruses or otherwise howsoever;
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Websites or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Websites, any websites linked to them and any commentaries or other materials posted on them (which, for the avoidance of doubt, are not intended to constitute advice on which any reliance should be placed), including without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time, and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, virus or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Websites or to your downloading of any material posted on them, or on any website linked to them.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
We process personal data about you in accordance with our Privacy Notice and Cookies. (need to change link to www.bjuinternational.com/privacy-notice-and-cookies) By using the Websites, you acknowledge that we may process your data in accordance with our Privacy Notice and Cookies and you warrant that all data provided by you to them is accurate.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse the Websites by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Websites, the servers on which they are stored or any server, computer or database connected to them. You must not attack the Websites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching any of these provisions, you would or may commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Websites will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to the home page of the www.bjuinternational.com website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to the home page of the www.bjuinternational.com website from any website that is not owned by you.
The Websites must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Websites, other than the home page or the www.bjuinternational.com website. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the standards set out in these Terms.
If you wish to make use of any material on the Websites other than set out above, please see the section entitled ‘Contact‘ below.
If any Term is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by any judicial or other authority or competent jurisdiction, it shall be severed and the remaining Terms shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
We aim to update the Websites regularly, and may change their content at any time. Any of the material on them may be out of date at any given time, and we are under not obligation to update them.
We reserve the right to modify the Terms at any time without notice. Any modification to them will be posted on this page and/or elsewhere on the Websites. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any such changes as they will be binding on you. Your continued use of the Websites will be deemed conclusive acceptance of such change.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
The Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to the Websites, save that we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of any Term in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Any comments or questions concerning the Terms should be addressed by contacting us by email at [email protected]. Further contact details are given on the Websites.
Thank you for visiting the Websites
Date last updated: 13 March 2019
© BJUI 2019